Interpersonal effectiveness means acquiring the four skills starting with "A". This series introduces the fourth: Anger – how to recognize and experience, process and express it and let it – efficiently and without violence. In doing so, we recommend the rules of anger 5. Misunderstood emotion
In fact, anger is not good or bad. If you feel you feel it.
Many deny that they will ever be angry. Later in this series we are talking about such denial. Now, however, we assume that this term is used not only for anger but also for any level of complacency, such as annoyance, irritation, frustration, impatience, contempt, dissatisfaction or even numbness. Regardless of whether you are directed towards others or their circumstances.
Looking at this clarification …
- Experience it
- Release it
The first step in dealing with anger is: The first rule of anger: Confirm that you are angry.
or by completing the next Anger Inventory. [Feel free to substitute your own word, whenever we use the terms, anger or angry.] When am I angry?
1 = slightly irritated
2 = moderately irritated
3 = quite upset
4 = extremely angry
This is just for your eyes!
- ___ Someone blames something I did not do.
- ___ Someone stands in front of me.
- ___ I spend red wine on a new pants and will not come out.
- ___ Someone tries to tell me what I think or feel.
- ___ Someone slips or jokes about me.
- ___ Someone is committed to something I did.
- ___ An intriguing vendor in the store does not leave alone.
- ___ Someone got in and tried to make me feel bad.
- ___ I'm doing something for something and you do not notice it.
- ___ After a exhausting workday, I find that my car does not start.
- ___ A friend and I made plans for dinner and did not show up.
- ___ I forgot to bring something home and I have to go back to it.
- ___ Someone depends on not coming over.
- ___ I'm going to go to dinner time and fall all the time.
- ___ A car slips in front of me in traffic
___ = Total add your rating.
Adaptable: Attacking Anxiety Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety, 1989
How Did You?
If you have 0-15, you may have Numb . That is, unusually high levels of tolerance or more likely to deny or cut off your emotions. You may think that the anger is bad, that you do not have the right to be angry. Particular attention should be paid to the second and fourth rules of anger … and to the fulfillment of the rules described by the articles.
Has he reached 16-30? If so, then Mellow . You are a calm person who may occasionally experience anger, but not control it. This lineup can help to strengthen the rules that have been followed … or engaging in angry people.
Or maybe you are Happy (31-45). You harass a bit more often than you (or others). This article can help. Particular attention should be paid to Rules 3 and 5 … and make sure that your anger is expressed in a correct way (Rule 4) rather than gradually.
If you get 46-60, then Furious! You control your anger. You and others are disrupting me. You need this thread! Focus specifically on Rule 3 and strictly apply all the rules. They are likely to violate the rules by increasing them.
See Anger Management for more articles to find out the four other rules and the two ways that many of them violate these rules (by completing or increasing their anger)
Source by sbobet